Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Google Workshop for Educators

On January 18 the faculty at Country Day took part in a Google workshop for educators.  I am happy with the progress that I am making using Google resources but there is certainly more that I can be doing.  I currently use Google for:
  • Search
  • Images
  • G-mail
  • Reader
  • Docs
  • Blogger
  • YouTube
The workshops that I attended covered maps, search, docs, sites, and youtube.  As a history teacher I am still trying to figure out how to do a better job using Google maps and Google earth with my students.  With my current use of Edmodo and blogger I'm not sure I see the need to create my own website but that might be something to consider in the future.  If anyone has any suggestion on using google tools, let me know.  

No comments: