Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year ... New Efforts to Post

I feel as if I should be clearing cobwebs off of this blog as it has been quite long since my last post.  But with the new year comes new motivation to get this blog up and running again.  One of my goals this year is to do a better job communicating with the parents of my students as well as other educators.  I will be using this blog to periodically update what is going on in our classroom.  I will also post videos or links to articles that relate to our studies.

As the students returned to school today, our focus has turned to a study of the Progressive Era, a period of time between 1890 and 1920 when the U.S. was forced to react to many changes that had taken place in the country as a result of industrialization. 

The students have a quiz Friday on the Presidents from Abraham Lincoln to Woodrow Wilson. 

Please feel free to leave any comments, questions, suggestions, etc. that you may have about our studies.  I will be posting another blog later this week to explain our work with Edmodo, a secure, social learning network that the students will join this week.

No comments: